national night out in prospect park
Tuesday August 2, 2022.
National Night Out (NNO) is an event organized by local police departments throughout the country. Its purpose is to get neighbors to meet each other and local police department representatives to build a healthier, safer community.
CRIME PREVENTION & SAFETY
NNO is not just one night of the year, but the culmination of year-long crime prevention activity in all Minneapolis neighborhoods: people working together in block and apartment clubs and other networks to prevent and address crime and other neighborhood problems. It is an occasion to celebrate past successes, discuss current challenges or issues, and re-dedicate to collaborative efforts with neighbors, police, businesses and others to improve the quality of life in our city. NNO is the largest event of its kind in Minneapolis and the country.
Last year, 2021, we were invited to join the events at the 4th Street Community Festival. Highlights:
- The Market at Malcolm will have 100 Gift Cards
- UGarden will have 100 Discounted Meal Tix
- Urban Tactical will be on the street with Nerf Tag, Laser Tag games & some BOGO Tix
- Towerside Park will have a Pop-Up Park
- Fresh Thyme will have Grilled Meals with Vegan options. The Pillars will have a Taco Bar, serving Vegan & Vegetarian options. All proceeds will be donated to Alzheimer's Association
- The Pillars of Prospect Park will have a Health Professional providing Community Health Checks as well as a Certified Massage Therapist & a Kids Play area with a Certified Day Care Provider
- BrittFit50 & Nice Ride will provide free Electric Bike Rides, Scooter Rides and Safety Helmets plus discounted Nice Ride Memberships
- Bike Ride to Bee Fest: Lead by a League Cycling Instructor
- MPLS Hennepin County Forester Dept will provide items for an Environmental Community Scavenger Hunt
- Music provided by: Baltimore’s Own, Ms Tris Beats! Coming to us Live & Virtually
- Spoken Word Artist: LaLupe La; Drumming by Bri- Britt
- Community Tables will have fun games, trivia & resource information
NNO Block Club Parties in Prospect Park
In Prospect Park, neighbors gather on the first Tuesday evening in August and often share potluck food and refreshments.
Block clubs often gather on:
- Arthur Avenue
- Bedford & Melbourne
- Bedford south of Franklin
- East River Parkway/Terrace @ St. Francis Cabrini Church
- Erie Street (Motley area)
- Franklin & Melbourne (alley west of Seymour)
- Franklin Oval (Note: Tuesday, August 17)
- Fourth Street (mid-block)
- Glendale townhomes (in Luxton Park)
- Malcolm Avenue
- Yale & Superior (Bridal Veil Falls Area)
To find the closest NNO event to you please call the Minneapolis Police Department's 2nd Precinct. There are a few spots in Prospect Park without active Block Clubs. The events each year in Luxton Park and in the Franklin Oval (Franklin Ave & Cecil St) welcome anyone in the neighborhood to celebrate with them.