Help SUSTAIN Our Community!
Prospect Park Association Needs Our Financial Support!
The Prospect Park Association needs our support to continue serving our neighborhood. The City of Minneapolis recently reduced PPA’s funding by 64%.
To help fill the gap, PPA closed its office and reduced staff by half, but it’s not enough. This year (2022) we need to raise $7,000 so our half-time staff person can continue providing support to PPA’s all-volunteer board and committee efforts.
Why give? In the past year alone:
- PPA helped fast-track the reconstruction of the walkway between Williams and Arthur so children from Glendale can get to school safely.
- PPA installed traffic-calming measures so children can play safely near Pratt School.
- PPA leveraged funds to support an after-school program for Pratt School children during the pandemic.
- PPA delivered on a neighborhood climate action and resilience plan.
- PPA raised funds from community partners to install three rain gardens.
- PPA hosted a “Heal the Earth” eco-tour with the Garden Club as part of the annual garden walk and yard & tailgate sales.
- PPA crafted design guidelines for development in the neighborhood.
- PPA helped facilitate meetings between the City of Minneapolis and Glendale residents to resolve long-standing parking issues.
Founded in 1901, PPA’s mission is to promote, in a non-partisan, educational and cooperative manner, the health, safety and general welfare of the neighborhood and to promote the maintenance and improvement of the aesthetic, residential and physical qualities of the neighborhood environment.
In summary, PPA's mission includes neighborhood stewardship.
PPA is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. If you prefer to give by check, our mailing address is: PPA, PO Box 141095, Minneapolis, MN 55414.
Connect with Neighbors.
PPA is organized for neighbors to define what is important in Prospect Park and to make the neighborhood a welcoming and livable community. We all have a stake in Prospect Park's vitality, and we invite you to join your voice with ours.
Read about how to get involved.